Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jalapeno to the face!

Conference weekend always means 2 things to me growing up 1. Staying in pajamas all day to watch conference and 2. eat delicious food. So to keep the traditions alive I wanted to make something yummy for dinner. Kasey was having a bad day, our alarm clock went nuts and went off at the wrong time, so he was late to practice. Well when someone is late they just send them home and then next practice they have to run a bit. So lets just say he was not too happy. Well I decided to try my hand at enchiladas, of course the recipe had onions and jalapenos in it. I have never made anything with jalapenos so this was all new to me. My poor eyes were about to have the worse night of there lives. I was cutting up the onions and cutting out all the seeds from the jalapeno. My eyes were hurting and without thinking (which is not to rare for me) rubbed my eyes. BIG mistake!! I got a jalapeno seed in my eye. It hurt so bad I could not see, and without thinking my other hand went up to my other eye. So then both my eyes felt like they were on fire! I could not open them. No matter how hard I tried to open my eyes they just would not open they hurt so bad. I was so lucky that Kasey was there I don't know what I would have done without him. He came to my rescue. He led me to the bathroom and was trying to help me rinse them out but they just would not open. So he had to get a bowl of water and I sat in the bathroom dunking my face in water for what felt like forever. Finally I was able to open them and my poor eyes were bright red and swollen! My eyes are still really sore but the good thing is I can see, and dinner was delicious. I took a picture because I was so proud I made it through my trauma and still made this yummy dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment